iCeMS, Kyoto University
- Linke P, Suzuki R, Yamamoto A, Nakahata M, Kengaku M, Fujiwara T, Ohzono T, Tanaka M.
Dynamic Contact Guidance of Myoblasts by Feature Size and Reversible Switching of Substrate Topography: Orchestration of Cell Shape, Orientation, and Nematic Ordering of Actin Cytoskeletons.
Langmuir, doi: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.8b02972. Epub 2018 Nov 8. (2018)
- Kawabata Galbraith K, Fujishima K, Mizuno H, Lee SJ, Uemura T, Sakimura K, Mishina M, Watanabe N and Kengaku M.
MIM regulation of actin-nucleating formin DAAM1 in dendritic filopodia determines final dendritic configuration of Purkinje cells.
Cell Rep, doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2018.06.013. (2018)
- Umeshima H, Nomura KI, Yoshikawa S, Hörning M, Tanaka M, Sakuma S, Arai F, Kaneko M and Kengaku M.
Local traction force in the proximal leading process triggers nuclear translocation during neuronal migration.
Neurosci Res, 10.1016/j.neures.2018.04.001. (2018)
- Wu YK, Umeshima H, Kurisu J and Kengaku M.
Nesprins and opposing microtubule motors generate a point force that drives directional nuclear motion in migrating neurons.
Development, 145, 10.1242/dev.158782. (2018)
- Nakatsuji H, Kawabata Galbraith K, Kurisu J, Imahori H, Murakami T and Kengaku M.
Surface chemistry for cytosolic gene delivery and photothermal transgene expression by gold nanorods.
Sci. Rep, 7:4694 (2017)
- Hatsukano T, Kurisu J, Fukumitsu K, Fujishima K and Kengaku M.
Thyroid hormone induces PGC-1 α during dendritic outgrowth in mouse cerebellar Purkinje cells.
Front. Cell. Neurosci, 11:133 (2017)
- Takano Y, Numata T, Fujishima K, Miyake K, Nakao K, Grove WD, Inoue R, Kengaku M, Sasaki S, Mori Y, Murakami T and Imahori H.
Optical control of neuronal firing via photoinduced electron transger in donor-acceptor conjugates.
Chem. Sci, 7,3331-3337 (2016)
- Fukumitsu K, Hatsukano T, Yoshimura A, Heuser J, Fujishima K and Kengaku M.
Mitochondrial fission protein Drp1 regulates mitochondrial transport and dendritic arborization in cerebellar Purkinje cells.
Mol Cell Neurosci, 71,56-65 (2016)
- Oomoto I, Suzuki-Hirano A, Umeshima H, Han YW, Yanagisawa H, Carlton P, Harada Y, Kengaku M, Okamoto A, Shimogori T and Wang DO.
ECHO-liveFISH: in vivo RNA labeling reveals dynamic regulation of nuclear RNA foci in living tissues.
Nucleic Acids Res, 43(19):e126 (2015)
- Nakashima K, Umeshima H and Kengaku M.
Cerebellar granule cells are predominantly generated by terminal symmetric divisions of granule cell precursors.
Develop Dyn, 244(6), 748-758 (2015)
- Fukumitsu K, Fujishima K, Yoshimura A, Wu YK, Heuser J and Kengaku M.
Synergistic action of dendritic mitochondria and creatine kinase maintains ATP homeostasis and actin dynamics in growing neuronal dendrites.
J Neurosci, 35(14), 5707-5723 (2015) Cover Article
- Wu YK, Fujishima K and Kengaku M.
Differentiation of Apical and Basal Dendrites in Pyramidal Cells and Granule Cells in Dissociated Hippocampal Cultures.
PLoS ONE, 10(2) e0118482 (2015)
- Bando Y, Irie K, Shimomura T, Umeshima H, Kushida Y, Kengaku M, Fujiyoshi Y, Hirano T. and Tagawa Y.
Control of spontaneous Ca2+ transients is critical for neuronal maturation in the developing neocortex.
Cereb Cortex, 26(1),106-117 (2014)
- Kumeta M, Gilmore JL, Umeshima H, Ishikawa M, Kitajiri S. Horigome T, Kengaku M. and Takeyasu, K.
Caprice/MISP is a novel F-actin bundling protein critical for actin-based cytoskeletal reorganizations.
Genes Cells, 19(4), 338- 349 (2014)
- Shimono K, Fujishima K, Nomura T, Ohashi M, Usui T, Kengaku M, Toyoda A and Uemura T.
An evolutionarily conserved protein CHORD regulates scaling of dendritic arbors with body size.
Sci Rep, 2014 Mar 19;4:4415 (2014)
- Umeshima H and Kengaku M.
Differential roles of cyclin-dependent kinase 5 in tangential and radial migration of cerebellar granule cells.
Mol Cell Neurosci, 52, 62-72 (2013)
- Tomioka M, Toda Y, Kurisu J, Kimura Y, Kengaku M and Ueda K.
The Effects of Neurological Disorder-Related Codon Variations of ABCA13 on the Function of the ABC Protein.
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem, 76, 2289-2293 (2012)
- Fujishima K, Horie R, Mochizuki A and Kengaku M.
Principle branch dynamics governing shape characteristics of cerebellar Purkinje cell dendrites.
Development, 139, 3442-3455 (2012) Featured Movie
- Kaneko M, Takata N, Eiraku M, Kiyohara Y, Aida T, Hirase H, Hashikawa T and Kengaku M.
Monoplanar arborization of Purkinje cell dendrites is regulated by afferent climbing fiber inputs.
PLoS ONE, 6(5), e20108 (2011)
- Sasaki N, Kurisu J and Kengaku M.
Sonic hedgehog signaling regulates actin cytoskeleton via Tiam1-Rac1 cascade during spine formation.
Mol Cell Neurosci, 45(4), 335-344 (2010)
- Kurisu J, Fukuda T, Yokoyama S, Hirano T and Kengaku M.
Polarized targeting of DNER into dendritic plasma membrane in hippocampal neurons depends on endocytosis.
J Neurochem, 113, 1598-1610 (2010)
- Shimono K, Sugimura K, Kengaku M, Uemura T and Mochizuki A.
Computational modeling of dendritic tiling by diffusible extracellular suppressor.
Genes Cells, 15(2), 137-149 (2010)
- Yamada M, Yoshida Y, Mori D, Takitoh T, Kengaku M, Umeshima H, Takao K, Miyakawa T, Sato M, Sorimachi H, WynshawBoris A and Hirotsune S.
Inhibition of calpain increases LIS1 expression and partially rescues in vivo phenotypes in a mouse model of lissencephaly.
Nat Med, 15, 1202-1207 (2009)
- Fukazawa N, Yokoyama S, Eiraku M, Kengaku M and Maeda N.
Receptor type protein tyrosine phosphatase zeta-pleiotrophin signaling controls endocytic trafficking of DNER that regulates neuritogenesis.
Mol Cell Biol, 28, 4494-4506 (2008)
- Umeshima H, Hirano T and Kengaku M.
Microtubule-based nuclear movement occurs independently of cetrosome positioning in migrating neurons.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 104, 16182-16187 (2007) Must Read Article by Faculty of 1000
- Fujishima K, Kiyonari H, Kurisu J, Hirano T and Kengaku M.
Targeted disruption of Sept3, a heteromeric assembly partner of Sept5 and Sept7 in axons, has no effect on developing CNS neurons.
J Neurochem, 102, 77-92 (2007)
- Yawata S, Tsuchida H, Kengaku M and Hirano T.
Membrane-proximal region of glutamate receptor delta2 subunit is critical for
long-term depression and interaction with protein interacting with C kinase 1 in
acerebellar purkinje neuron.
J Neurosci, 26, 3626-3633 (2006)
- Su HL, Muguruma K, Matsuo-Takasaki M, Kengaku M, Watanabe K and Sasai Y.
Generation of cerebellar neuron precursors from embryonic stem cells.
Dev Biol, 290, 287-296 (2006)
- Tohgo A, Eiraku M, Miyazaki T, Miura E, Kawaguchi S, Nishi M, Watanabe M, Hirano T, Kengaku M and Takeshima T.
Impaired cerebellar functions in mutant mice lacking DNER.
Mol Cell Neurosci, 31(2), 326-333 (2006)
- Eiraku M, Tohgo A, Ono K, Fujishima K, Kaneko M, Hirano T and Kengaku M.
DNER acts as a neuron-specific Notch ligand during Bergmann glial development.
Nat Neurosci, 8(7), 873-880 (2005) Must Read Article by Faculty of 1000 (FFa: 8)
- Shima Y, Kengaku M, Hirano T, Takeichi M and Uemura T.
Regulation of Dendritic Maintenance and Growth by a Mammalian 7-pass
Dev Cell, 7, 205-216 (2004)
- Kawaji K, Umeshima H, Eiraku M, Hirano T and Kengaku M.
Dual modes of migration of cerebellar granule cells guided by axonal and dendritic leading processes.
Mol Cell Neurosci, 25, 228-240 (2004)
- Minami I, Kengaku M, Smitt PS, Shigemoto R and Hirano T.
Long-term potentiation of mGluR1 activity by depolarization-induced Homer1a in
mouse cerebellar Purkinje neurons.
Eur J Neurosci, 17, 1023-1032 (2003)
- Eiraku M, Hirata Y, Takeshima H, Hirano T and Kengaku M.
Delta/Notch-like EGF-related Receptor (DNER), a novel EGF-like repeat-containing protein targeted to dendrites of developing and adult central nervous system neurons.
J Biol Chem, 277, 25400-25407 (2002)
- Yamasaki T, Kawaji K, Bito H, Hirano T, Osumi N and Kengaku M.
Pax6 regulates granule cell polarization during parallel fiber formation in the developing cerebellum.
Development, 128, 3133-3144 (2001)
- Haraguchi R, Suzuki K, Murakami R, Sakai M, Kamikawa M, Kengaku M, Sekine K, Kawano H, Kato S, Ueno N and Yamada G.
Molecular analysis of external genitalia formation: the role of fibroblast growth factor (Fgf) genes during genital tubercle formation.
Development, 127, 2471-2479 (2000)
- Hongo I, Kengaku M and Okamoto H.
FGF signaling and the anterior neural induction in Xenopus.
Dev Biol, 216, 561-581 (1999)
- Kengaku M, Capdevila J, Rodriguez-Esteban C, De La Peña J, Johnson RL, Belmonte JC and Tabin CJ.
Distinct Wnt pathways regulating AER formation and dorsoventral polarity in the chick limb bud.
Science, 280, 1274-1277 (1998)
- Kengaku M, Twombly V and Tabin C.
Expression of Wnt and Frizzled genes during chick limb bud development.
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol, 62, 421-429 (1997)
- Kengaku M and Okamoto H.
bFGF as a possible morphogen for the anteroposterior axis of the central nervous
system in Xenopus.
Development, 121, 3121-3130 (1995)
- Kengaku M and Okamoto H.
Basic fibroblast growth factor induces differentiation of neural tube and neural crest
lineages of cultured ectoderm cells from Xenopus gastrula.
Development, 119, 1067-1078 (1993)
- Kengaku M, Misawa H and Deguchi T.
Multiple mRNA species of choline acetyltransferase from rat spinal cord.
Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 18, 71-76 (1993)
- Kengaku M, Kawata A, Kawashima S and Nakane M.
Role of fibronectin in the inhibitory effect of TGF-ß on choline acetyltransferase
activity in co-cultures of spinal cord neurons and myotubes.
Brain Res Dev Brain Res, 61, 281-284 (1991)
- Kengaku M, Kawashima S and Nakane M.
Expression of choline acetyltransferase activity in a co-culture of spinal cord and
skeletal muscle cells is inhibited by myogenic differentiation inhibitors.
Brain Res Dev Brain Res, 60, 133-136 (1991)
- Hara E, Fukatsu T, Kakeda K, Kengaku M, Ohtaka C and Ishikawa H.
The predominant protein in an aphid endosymbiont is homologous to an E. coli heat
Symbiosis, 8, 271-283 (1990)